Sunday, December 9, 2007

It's a Bravo Reality Couple!

I know I'm usually vigilant about keeping things quasi-intellectual over here (or at least *saying* that that's what I do) but I was browsing the reality-show websites today and found out this little tidbit: Dale Levitski, runner-up of Top Chef #whatever fame, and JackMackenroth of Project Runway 4 are a couple!

Dale












Jack


Awww. Supposedly they met unrelated to Bravo (on Myspace) but I think I'm not going to believe it. I'm gonna have to look at the numbers and see how badly Project Runway is doing this season. Especially because they set it up so perfectly with the end of Top Chef--I think on the reunion show, one of the main segments was talking about Dale's single-ness. Obviously, many people were bothered by this but, more importantly, many people knew about it. So, could it be that just weeks after we meet Jack on PR, touted as "the HIV-positive designer," these two winsome bachelor's make a *random* love connection? Oh...come...on.

Those writing about it have been making Jack's HIV+ status a huge talking point. I read about four interviews that in a polite and round-about way asked "how that's all working" (my polite and round-about way). He responded in the same "PSA style" to all of them as if to ensure the masses that Dale's in no danger. No one really seems to be inquiring about his health which, I'm sure, Jack appreciates. ("Hey guys, I'm over here...")

All I know is, thank god these two got together...I was wondering what we were going to do now that Lance Bass (of Backstreet Boy and 'I almost went into space because I paid the Russians $1 million' fame) and Reichen Lehmkuhl (of Amazing Race infamy) are kaput. Just in the nick of time, I'd say. That place the media sets aside for "the gay couple" was getting a little dusty.

No comments: