Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pop Culture Overwhelmed

As Meghan has reminded me repeated and, actually, scolded me about the inactivity on this blog, like any good sociologist I've had to step back and take a look at the conditions in which my own inactivity has occured. Have I become somehow apathetic to pop culture? NO. I talked for an hour yesterday with my mom about the Emmy's and Tim Gunn's Guide to Style--clearly I'm still invested. Am I tired? Yes, but. Yes school's in, but I'm not tired enough to stop sucking in pop culture at every turn. Thus, I come to this conclusion: I'm overwhelmed. A couple weeks ago I got the Battlestar Galactica Season 1 on DVD--six discs; I've got Season 1 of The Office sitting on my table along with the movies Zodiac and Big Night. In addition, it's now coming on the premiere week for LOTS of good television. I literally have so many choices, I'm overwhelmed, resorting to watching reruns on the Food Network to ease my anxiety. I feel that now that I've gotten that off my chest, I can dig in and get to work commenting on all of these things. Stay tuned...I promise it'll be mediocre comedy at very least;)

No comments: