Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Have a New Show and It's Name is "Chuck"

Oh this is very exciting. This summer was the pits for tv and since the return of the new fall season, I couldn't be happier but mostly because I keep stumbling upon these shows I didn't know existed! This is how I found Chuck. Which I now love.

The premise is simple: Chuck's an everyday "Joe Six-pack" (thank you Sarah Palin...or is that Tina Fey) who works as a devoted member of the Geek Team at his local big box tech store...except that he's got this special ability to decode spy "things" with his brain. So, he's been employed by the CIA to help deal with situations involving international intrigue. Protecting him is that blonde girl in the picture; yep, she's a hottie. And of course, all kinds of emotional things ensue...while they're fighting bad guys.

Of course, I picked this up in Season 2 so I have to go back and get caught up on exactly what's going on but in just one episode there are elements of this show that make me LOVE it: 1) Adorable, nerdy main character paired with vixen-ish, kick-ass girl-slash-possible love interest. 2) James Bond, Jason Bourne quality and feel to part (but not all of the show) 3) It walks the line between comedy and action/adventure nimbly. The show doesn't take itself too seriously in either genre. 4) GREAT supporting characters. Fantastic actually. 5) Plot points that aren't so far-fetched that it's all fantasy.

This is a thoroughly "likable" show. It's great. I say check it out. But prepare to fall in love with Chuck...because he's just too cute.

NBC, Mondays 8/7C.

No comments: