Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Big Hot Mess.

Oh no.

I had heard about this on tv this morning and I didn't want to believe it was true. But it now seems confirmed that after next season, Project Runway will move from Bravo to (duh duh duh DUUUHHH) LIFETIME. That's right...television for women.

Of the deal, which she and Tim Gunn have already signed on to, Heidi Klum said:

"Fashion is about change, so we're looking forward to saying hello to Lifetime, our new fashionable home for our fashionable series," said Klum in a statement. "We're excited to bring Project Runway to the #1 network for women."

Thanks Heidi. Because obviously fashion is for women...like Michael Kors. Who, for the record, is still in negotiation as is Nina Garcia. This is nerve-wracking.


My dilemma is this: programs on Lifetime suck. I like PR on Bravo...and how did Bravo ever give them up? AND, Lifetime is partially owned by the Disney Corp...if we thought product placement was bad before just hang on to your themed-challenges...I think we've got things in store we never could have imagined.

I can't handle this drama. And there's not even sequins involved.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

WTF? I might break up with it.