Saturday, October 20, 2007

Who's Alyssa Milano to Baseball?

I'm confused on multiple levels. As I was surfing along, trying to get info on the progression ALCS (that's baseball, people) I found out a couple interesting turns that had been happening on TBS who was carrying the early rounds of the playoffs. Apparently Alyssa Milano (formerly of Who's The Boss and Charmed fame) is a, like totally huge, baseball fan. She has a baseball blog ("Touch 'em all" or something) as well as designs baseball fashions for women--the line is named *Touch*, of course. All of this, apparently, made her eligible to be the feature reporter for TBS during the early rounds of the playoffs. Who knew...what we were missing! (read with the height of sarcasm).

Being the cub reporter I, myself, am I went about finding Alyssa's specific contributions to this venture and stumbled upon some excerpts of her "interviews" on The Hot Corner (yes, that's what it was called) via YouTube. Check this one out:

What I find interesting here is the overt sexiness of the interview. I didn't think it was going to be that kind of Hot Corner. Is that what TBS was hoping for when they hired her. Well, besides her crackerjack interview skills which I think are apparent here...um, no. So who is this supposed to appeal to? Guys? Because I'm thinking if guys are watching TBS for the playoffs, chances are they're watching for the games? If the appeal is supposed to be for women, I don't get it at all. And frankly, it makes me want to turn it off because it looks like Alyssa's uncomfortable and awkward, which makes me tense.

All I have to say is, I'm glad the playoffs are now on Fox...and the Hot Corner is closed, at least for another year.

4 comments:

Meghan said...

WOW. That interview was so terribly awkward that I couldn't even finish it. And her blog is HORRID! Why why why?

Katie Pacyna said...

All good questions...and how I wish I had answers.

Lolololori said...

I love it how he was like, " I have children I have children omg they have the same size hands as the girl from Whos the Boss btw did I mention I have an 8 year old?" like one minute into the "isolationist" commentary.

ps I dont know how I found your blog, but snaps, i like it. :)

Katie Pacyna said...

Yeah...I almost saw that as a cry for help too. Like, "OK Alyssa, please stop being flirty with me because I do have a family...including children." Just added to the awkwardness I thought. Thanks for stopping in!