Monday, August 6, 2007

Marketing of Sherrybaby

Just an addendum to my previous post. I thought this was interesting. The cover of the DVD shows this picture: Sherry the bedraggled woman. You can see her either going or coming to a job interview. She doesn't look happy. The skirt is maybe a little too pink. Clearly, just a woman trying to do good.
But, this picture was not the mass-marketed version. That was this:
In this one, she looks different and, frankly, like she could use a little support (and I mean that in a lot of ways).

What I wonder is why they chose such a different look for the DVD when this "halter top" Sherry is the predominant image of Sherry we get in the movie and in all the trailers. I don't know, but I found that while I was searching around for pictures and thought it was worth mentioning...or at least questioning.

No comments: